T&C and privacy
This privacy notice explains how this website handles your data. This guide is designed to give you a top level understanding about your rights to information and privacy, under the UK and EU General Data Protection Regulations, on this website.
Who is collecting it?
This website has been built by 89up Ltd (‘89up’), a private limited company registered with Companies House in England and Wales and the Information Commissioner’s Office (‘ICO’).
The data controller of this website is Scram Media Limited.
The data processor of this website is 89up Ltd.
How is it collected?
The data you supply via this website is being processed initially by 89up through campaign software, Start A Fire and a web content management system controlled by The Lead.
Your data is stored by 89up on cloud servers that are located in the UK / European Union and is only accessible by The Lead and third party service providers via secure and encrypted means. We oblige all of our partners to sign contracts with us that clearly set out their commitment to respecting your Individual Rights, protecting your personal data – including not using it for any purpose other than for the agreed purposes – and their commitments to assisting us to help you exercise your Individual Rights.
What information is being collected?
The data that is processed includes:
- your full name, postal address, date of birth, email address or social media login details that you give to us;
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used;
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website;
- any questions, comments or feedback you leave on the site;
You will always be told when this information is being collected, and it will only be used for the purpose you provide it for.
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit our website and allows us to recognise you as a user. Typically, these contain two pieces of information: a site name and unique user ID. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous. Cookies are essential to the effective operation of our website. Cookies make the interaction between you and the website faster and easier. Cookies may also be set by the website you are visiting (first party cookies) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (third party cookies).
- that are strictly necessary to enable you to move around our websites or to provide certain basic features;
- to enhance the functionality of the website by storing your preferences;
- to help improve the performance of our website on your device
You may access our Cookie Consent Notice to decline cookies at any time subsequently. Additionally, you may delete and block all cookies from any website, within your web browser settings if necessary. Please be aware that restricting or deleting cookies will impact on the functionality of the site.
Hashed lists, social media and web advertising
We may share your personal data for the purpose of targeted marketing for our campaigning and fundraising activities through (e.g. Facebook) advertising so that they can determine whether you are a registered account holder with them. Our adverts may then appear when you access social media e.g. Facebook. We may also share your personal data as part of an exclusion list for our ad campaigns, which helps us target new audiences for The Lead rather than targeting people who have already engaged with us.
Why is data being collected?
The Lead controls certain information or data about you when you use this website which enables us to:
- communicate with you about the campaign and associated causes of The Lead and respond to any feedback you send;
- use third party applications such as Google Analytics or Facebook advertising
- provide you with information about The Lead if you want it.
89up processes information or data about you in order to:
- improve the website by monitoring how you use it;
- respond to any feedback you send us;
- run analytics to understand more about the visitors to the website by using a session cookie to store your personal data when filling out multiple forms. Depending on your privacy settings, such cookies will be accepted by your browser. The session cookie will not transfer information to third parties.
How will it be used?
Your data will only be used for the legitimate purpose you have provided it for. We will keep your personal data received when you sign up to our updates for the duration of your relationship with us or as long as you are in contact with us, and up to two years after.
Who will it be shared with?
Your data will be shared with 89up and third party software platforms as necessary in relation to the purposes described above.
What if you want to object, complain or rescind the use of your data?
You may at any time request a copy of the information we hold on you by emailing us. Any further requests for information, deletion or correction of your personal data can also be obtained by writing to [email protected] or:
The Data Protection Officer
4th Floor Clover House
147-149 Farringdon Road
London EC1R 3HN
If you have contacted The Lead and are still concerned about the use of your data, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/